Encouraging Enterprise Development
FARM FRESH FOODS
Farm Fresh Foods began as a family run, father and son business. Thanks to SECAD funding, they have now expanded their operation, selling to both markets and supermarkets.
HAPPY DAYS ICE CREAM
Established in 2010, Happy Days Artisan Ice Cream has quickly begun to appear in retail outlets and on dessert menus of cafés and restaurants across Cork and throughout Ireland. SECAD provided funding to help move this business in the right direction.
LEAHYS OPEN FARM
Leahy’s Open Farm is situated in East Cork, just 3 miles from the lovely village of Dungourney. This family run farm is open to visitors of all ages for the Summer and Christmas seasons, with a large selection of animals on display.
BALLYCOTTON ISLAND TOURS
Ballycotton Island Lighthouse Tours is a ‘not-for-profit’ company that aims to bring you on a magical, historical and unique tour.SECAD helped to make this happen.
MOVIE JUNCTION DRIVE-IN CINEMA
Movie Junction Drive-In Cinema is a unique outdoor cinema experience in Carrigtwohill, which was established with support from SECAD.
Volcano is an artisan mobile wood-fired pizza business, started with both mentoring and funding support from SECAD.
Annie’s Roasts is a mobile rotisserie providing top quality poultry dishes on the go. SECAD funded this to provide the equipment needed to develop the business.
THE PADDOCKS ARENA MIDLETON
Set in the glorious and tranquil Cork countryside, The Paddocks was established, by John and Ber Twomey, to cater for everybody from the professional competitor to the leisure horse person.
Keohane’s is a family run seafood company from Bantry Bay, a small fishing harbour safely nestled on the rugged West Cork coastline.
JOHN TAIT’S ABERDEEN ANGUS BEEF
John Tait’s Aberdeen Angus beef is free range, grass fed, dry aged for excellent quality & taste. SECAD provided support to help develop John’s business.
MONKSTOWN BAY MARINA
The Monkstown Bay Marina rovides a stunning marina for sailing, rowing and marine activities for this area and has provided new opportunities for the area in terms of leisure and marine activities, commercial and leisure. SECAD provided initial funding to assist in the development of an Environmental Statement (EIS) required to investigate the impact and […]
THE RING OF CORK NETWORK
The Ring of Cork brand Llaunched in 2012 and was established to promote the many wonderful tourism sites, attractions, festivals, food and craft fairs of the South and East Cork region.
Ballyshane Daffodils is an exciting agri-diversification project based in Cloyne.
THE TITANIC EXPERIENCE, COBH
When Gillen Joyce came to SECAD with a proposal to renovate the White Star Line building and establish a Titanic visitor centre, he required funding to turn his vision for the building into reality.
Employment & Enterprise Services
SECAD helping you explore your employment, training & education or enterprise options.
- To support people back into employment
- To re-activate your CV
- To help people to identify their career options and goals
- To support people in building their self-confidence by identifying their skills and abilities
- To help people to explore and access education and training opportunities
- Support people into self-employment or enterprise start-up.
A Free, Confidential and Independent Advice and Guidance Service
- Assessing your business idea
- Is there a market for your product or service?
- Identify training gaps and set goals
- Help with preparing a business plan
- Support with applying for BTWEA (Back to Work Enterprise Allowance) & other supports through Department of Social Protection
- Information on other supports available for business start-ups; Enterprise Support Grants; SURE (Start-up Refunds for Entrepreneurs); Start your own Business Relief
SET UP YOUR OWN BUSINESS
HOW CAN WE HELP?
Employment, Education & Training
- Support you to identify career options & goals
- Help you to explore & access education and training options
- Identifying supports available in returning to education
- Assessing the benefits of work & what it means to you financially
- Support with CV’s, cover letters & application forms
- Interview Techniques & Skills
How do we provide support?
- One to one Coaching in career planning (By appointment only)
- Advice & guidance on Job-seeking and on-line applications
- Personal development & motivational training
- Discover your transferrable inter-personal skills & abilities
- Group training in CV & Interview skills
- Group workshops on return to education, retraining & upskilling and related supports
- Group workshops on the benefits of work, routes to employment and what it means to you financially.