Transnational Education in LEADER Implementation
SECAD is a partner in the European project – Transnational Education in LEADER Implementation (TELI2). This project aims to support the effective delivery of the LEADER programme across Europe.
Although LEADER is an already successful model of integrated social and economic development in rural communities, the programme is currently delivered in a variety of different ways by European member states.
The TELI2 project aims to study of the delivery of the LEADER programme for rural communities by focussing on researching the most efficient models of the programme’s implementation in EU partner countries.
Specifically, the key objectives of TELI2 project are to:
- Research the delivery of LEADER in member states
- Research the training needs of LEADER staff and Board members
- Deliver a best practice-based training course of implementation to LEADER company management and staff recruited by all the LEADER-related partners.
- Up-skilling of LEADER delivery organisations through life-long learning
- Promote the possibility of LEADER staff mobility
- Increase in the number of transnational projects which may arise from the creation of networks and relationships.
The main output of the project will be a high quality accredited course (within the European Qualifications Framework ) by the Limerick Institute of Technology and University of Ljubljana. The course which will be aimed at professionals and policy makers will provide stakeholders with the knowledge, and skills to implement successful LEADER programmes and projects to support the delivery of the LEADER programme.
The project will use a mix of on-line learning and learning workshops in Portugal, Ireland and Poland in the programme’s delivery. The programme will also include work-based learning by participants and will allow for the recognition of prior learning.
The first set of training workshops will take place in Ireland, hosted by SECAD in Midleton County Cork -IRELAND on 9th to 13th October 2017.
The project and its results are aimed at policy-makers and LEADER organisations and will be shared by each partner country.