Free Healthcare Training For Women
8 November @ 10:00 am - 13 December @ 2:00 pm
An event every week that begins at 10:00 am on Monday, repeating until 13th December 2021
Would you like to gain new skills & return to the workplace?
This programme is designed for women who have been out of the workforce and are starting to plan their next step. It will suit women who have other time commitments as the training is free, flexible and an excellent way to upskill and gain a new career option. Women who are interested in training to work as a care assistant in a care home, community setting or a hospital should talk to us about taking part.
What will I study?
The following modules will be delivered on a rolling basis between November 2021 to November 2022:
- Work Experience Safety
- Health at Work
- Care Support Care Skills
- Care of the Older Person
- Infection Prevention and Control
- Palliative Care Support
- Intellectual Disability Studies
*Note: work placement required for some modules
New Modules Starting in November
Designed to provide the learner with the knowledge, skills and competencies to understand how palliative care enhances the quality of life of those living with life limiting progressive conditions and their families.
Starting: 8th November
Designed to give those wishing to work in the healthcare system a thorough grounding in the necessary skills.
Starting: 25th November
When & Where?
- Delivery will depend on restrictions and will be a blend of online and in-person delivery in Midleton, Co Cork.
- Classes take place between 10.00 am and 2.00 pm.
Who can apply?
- Women who are not in receipt of a Jobseekers Allowance. For all other payments, please contact us and we can advise you on eligibility.
- Women who are not receiving any payments
Interested? Contact us now to discuss your options!
Contact SECAD for details at:
T: 021 461 3432