- This event has passed.
Public Relations – How to use PR effectively during Covid
17th November 2020 @ 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
One event on 17th November 2020 at 10:00 am
One event on 20th November 2020 at 10:00 am
One event on 24th November 2020 at 10:00 am
Free online training plus one to one support from Stephen Ryan of Narration
Course Length: 4 x 2hr Online Training using Zoom PLUS follow on 1 to 1 support.
Trainer: Narration is a Marketing Consultancy and Training business founded by Stephen Ryan one of Cork’s leading names in Marketing and Communications. Stephen has extensive knowledge in public relations having held the role of Head of Marketing both at Cork’s Red FM and Fota Wildlife Park where he created stories that spread across the world.
Who should attend: Owners, managers & staff working within the Tourism & Hospitality Sector.
Objectives: The aim of this programme is to provide participants with the knowledge and skills on how to communicate their story effectively using outlets such as traditional media and social media.
Booking: To secure your place email info@Secad.ie with name, business, location, email & tel. no. State the programme you wish to attend. Limited places so early booking is advisable.
13th November (12pm-2pm)
Module 1: Introduction to Public Relations
- Gain an understanding of what PR is.
- Learn about some of the concepts used in public relations.
- Be aware of what makes a story newsworthy
17th November (10am – 12pm)
Module 2: How to write a good press release
- Learn how to format a press release
- Looking at the importance of the 5 W’s – Who, What, When, Where and Why
- Learn about the importance of a good photograph to describe your story
20th November (12pm-2pm)
Module 3: Twitter, Newsjacking and the role of Online PR
- The strategy and use of digital and social media in campaigns
- The Role of Twitter and its influence on the media
- How to leverage your story on a trending topic
24th November (10am-12pm)
Module 4: Media Relations and Crisis Management
- Identifying potential crises that may impact on your business
- Understanding media relations – handling print, radio and television journalists
- The importance of developing strong personal brands within the business