SEO Bootcamp for Tourism Businesses – 2 module online programme
6 November @ 9:00 am - 11:00 am
One event on 6th November 2020 at 9:00 am
Course length: 2 X 2hr Online Training using Zoom plus Follow on 1:1 support
Trainer: Sandra Hennessey BeDynamic
Book to register: firstname.lastname@example.org with name, business, location, email address and telephone number
At the end of the workshop each participant will have evaluated their own website SEO and will have the skills, tools and knowledge to be able to implement their website SEO themselves or in conjunction with their web team.
At the end of the workshop(s) each participant will:
- Be able to audit their website SEO
- Have the skills, tools and knowledge to be able to optimise their site for search engine like Google
- Understand how usability impacts their website SEO
- Be able to communicate effectively with their web / SEO team.
- SEO vs. Google Ads: understanding how SEO differs to Google advertising and they can complement each other.
- How search engines work – understanding of how Google ranks pages, the key factors taken into account.
- The different types of search engine listings e.g. Local listing, Features listing, FAQ section etc.
- How to optimise web pages and content for search engines.
- The importance of good structure and hierarchy
- Researching keywords – key tools and techniques used to identify target keywords.
- Optimising page content – writing impactful and optimised content and where to place the keywords for optimal impact.
- Meta data – what it is and why it is important
- Internal links – Optimising internal links for usability and SEO
- Image tagging – what an alt tag is and why it is important for SEO
• Page speed – testing page speed and how to improve website speed performance
• Structured data mark-up: what it is and why it is important
• External links – why links are paramount to the success of a SEO project. Developing a link building strategy.
• Content marketing – creating a content marketing plan and understanding how it impacts SEO
• Tracking and monitoring – an introduction to a range of tools that will aid with the monitoring and management of their SEO including Google Search Console & Google Analytics.
Participants should bring their laptop and smartphone to this course to be able to participate in the practical elements. It is important that participants can navigate and move between Zoom and their web browser on the day. Help documents can be provided if required.