Community Car Driver(s) SECAD Community Car Scheme
SECAD Partnership CLG is a local development partnership, that delivers a range of local and community development programmes including the LEADER Programme, the Social Inclusion & Community Activation Programme (SICAP), the Rural Social Scheme, LAES, Tus among others. Further information on SECAD can be viewed on www.secad.ie.
Context for Post:
In early 2023, with the support of the Irish Government and Local Authorities, there will be a new support scheme that will aim to offer access to transport for Ukrainian Refugees located in rural areas that have been offered housing through Government supported initiatives (e.g. Offer-A-Home Initiative).
This scheme will offer the opportunity (for these designated recipients) to book a seat or seats in a car that will collect and return them to help them access key services such as doctors’ appointments, shopping and other supports. This service will not replace or be used for school transport unless for emergency needs. This scheme does not propose to offer transport options for people that have been allocated spaces in reception centres.
SECAD expects to be in a position to manage this scheme across 2023 for the South Cork Area, from Youghal in East Cork to Macroom-Ballyvourney located to the West of the County.
Key Purpose of Post:
The purpose of the Programme is to support the accommodation of Ukrainian Refugees in areas more-removed from urban centres, and in places where rural transport links are not fully connected. This initiative aims to put in place a system of community cars which will be made available through Local Development Companies such as SECAD Partnership.
The service must be ‘accessible’ to the designated beneficiaries i.e. Ukrainian’s allocated housing via the Offer-A-Home programme. SECAD will require drivers (part-time and/or full time) that will support the delivery of this scheme. The services will be expected to be available during day-time hours and will primarily be focused during weekdays with a possible offer of supports on Saturday morning if deemed essential or necessary. Drivers will be supported by the SECAD Community Car Administrator and will work together to use a booking system, develop a schedule of appointments (collections and return-journeys) to maximise the availability, use and efficiency of these services. Drivers will be required to keep very clear records of all completed journeys and be able to generate related reports as part of this scheme.
The SECAD Community Car will likely be located in either/both East Cork (Youghal, Midleton, Trabolgan/Cobh) and in Mid-Cork (Macroom, Lissarda-Inchegeela, Ballyvourney) and drivers will need to be able to demonstrate their availability to work within these locations.
Person Specification for Community Car Driver/s
- A full and Clean Driving License
- Relevant experience as a driver or in a services sector would be beneficial
- Good working knowledge of the locations, road and streets supported by this initiative would be beneficial
- Excellent Communication Skills essential
- Good-Very Good English language skills are essential
- Ukrainian Language skills are desirable
- A positive and supportive personality would be beneficial
- Excellent ‘Telephone’ communication skills will be critical
- Ability to produce regular summary written (English) reports outlining usage of services linked with the levels of services booked or reserved.
- Have a good knowledge of Data Protection requirements
- Be motivated to work within a small team and to undertake a variety of tasks as required by the organisation
Additional Specification for SECAD Community Car Driver
- The SECAD Community Car Driver Role will be a 12-month Term Contract
- The contract will be offered as a Full-Time or 2 x Part-Time Roles (circa 18 to 20 hours per week). Each applicant should indicate which option they would have a preference for (part- time or full time)
- The persons selected to become SECAD Community Car Drivers will be required to be Garda Vetted (due to the nature of this service) and must fully comply with all requests for information.
How to Submit an Application
Please email your application (CV & Letter of Application) to: email@example.com – subject box to be marked “Community Car Scheme Driver” by 12 noon Monday 16th January 2023. Shortlisted candidates will be informed during week beginning 23rd January 2023, and candidates must be available for interview during weeks beginning Monday 30th January & Monday 6th February 2023.
For more information about SECAD and for job descriptions for all positions vacant within SECAD Partnership visit our website www.secad.ie
Note: those interviewed may be considered for other related opportunities in SECAD or may be placed on a panel of candidates that may be offered similar opportunities in the future by SECAD Partnership CLG
SECAD is an equal opportunity employer and canvassing will disqualify