SECAD LAES Case Officer/s
SECAD Partnership CLG is a local development partnership, that delivers a range of local and community development programmes including the LEADER Programme, the Social Inclusion & Community Activation Programme (SICAP), the Rural Social Scheme, LAES, Tus among others. Further information on SECAD can be viewed on www.secad.ie.
Context for Post:
In early 2022 the Department of Social Protection opened a tender process for the delivery of a ‘Local Area Employment Service’ (LAES) with Cork County named as one of the regions for the delivery of this service. SECAD is a member of the team of local development companies that successfully tendered for this contract led by Cork City Partnership. The primary purpose of the LAES is to provide employment focused supports and guidance to those that are long term unemployed (and other people) referred to the LAES by the DSP.
Each of the local development companies that are part of the Cork LAES has their own defined geographic area within which they will be delivering these services. SECAD will provide supports for the communities in East Cork (including the catchments of Youghal, Midleton, Cobh, Carrigtwohill-Little Island), in West Cork (including the catchments of Carrigaline, Kinsale, Clonakilty, Skibbereen, Bantry and the West Cork Islands and West Cork Peninsulas). SECAD is particularly interested in candidates who are currently based in or will be based in the West Cork area.
Key Purpose of Post:
SECAD is developing a team of SECAD LAES Case Officers that will provide a range of supports to those referred from the DSP to the LAES in our catchment, including CV preparation, interview skills, career development, technology for work skills, social welfare supports and access to other public services that could assist the persons return to employment and activation.
These LAES services will be developed in parallel with existing valuable and experienced services such as those developed as part of Local Development ‘SICAP’ employment supports. From a value added and person-centred perspective, it will be essential that these supports are offered and delivered in a logical, collaborative and connected manner for each client.
Person Specification for SECAD LAES Case Officers
- A full and Clean Driving License
- Have a relevant third level or equivalent qualification(s) with relevant previous/complementary experience. SECAD will also consider candidates who are recently qualified (qualified in past 1-2 years) with limited experience but eager to be trained and grow into this role in the community development/social inclusion sector
- Be able to demonstrate previous relevant work undertaken with specific target groups
- Demonstrate an ability to support individuals to access opportunities
- Be motivated to work within a small team and to undertake a variety of tasks as required by the organisation
- Have strong interpersonal, communication and facilitation skills with the ability to demonstrate an adaptable communication approach to suit the individual need of each client
- Have empathy for clients, the ability to demonstrate an unconditional positive and respectful approach with clients
- Have the ability to build rapport and trust as well as manage conflict and support de-escalation of challenging behaviour.
- Have good report writing skills and strong IT skills, in particular a high degree of skill in the use of MS Word & Excel with experience in producing quality written documents that are well presented
- Have a proven capacity in the use of online monitoring and reporting systems
- Have a good knowledge of Data Protection requirements
- Have strong administration and organisational skills (LAES Officers will need to manage their own administration duties including record keeping, appointment setting etc.)
- Have the ability to manage a diverse workload, work on own initiative with good time management skills
- Have an understanding of the principles of social inclusion / rural development
- Be flexible in terms of availability and work location within the SECAD LAES Catchment
- Have a full clean driving licence and own transport that is fully insured
How to Submit an Application
Please email your application (CV & Letter of Application) to: firstname.lastname@example.org – subject box to be marked “LAES Case Officer” by 12 noon Monday 16th January 2023. Shortlisted candidates will be informed during week beginning 23rd January 2023, and candidates must be available for interview during weeks beginning Monday 30th January & Monday 6th February 2023.
For more information about SECAD and for job descriptions for all positions vacant within SECAD Partnership visit our website www.secad.ie
Note: those interviewed may be considered for other related opportunities in SECAD or may be placed on a panel of candidates that may be offered similar opportunities in the future by SECAD Partnership CLG
SECAD is an equal opportunity employer and canvassing will disqualify