A number of food producers in West and South Cork have benefited from a LEADER initiative that provides up to €200,000 in funding for artisan food companies and food start-ups.
SECAD Tourism Towns Skills Programme – Public Relations (Half Day)
22nd January 2020 @ 9:00 am - 1:00 pm€10.00
Public Relations – Creating and telling your story for Traditional Media
Stephen will deliver a public relations course focusing on how to create engaging stories that can be used to get free publicity. Stephen will use case studies from his time at both Fota Wildlife Park and Cork’s RedFM which were a big success both here in Ireland but also overseas. The topics that Stephen will cover in the half day session will include.
- How to structure your story
- Examines distribution channels for both new and traditional formats.
- The use of video and photography to create a story.
- Understand how journalists think and what they want
- Develop your skills in story spotting and writing
- Be more effective at pitching your stories to the media
- How to write a good press release with a particular focus the facts and ideas, the detail, the style and presentation
- News jacking and how businesses can take advantage of a topic that is popular.
- How to write a good headline
- How to build a relationship with the press
- Skills required for broadcast media
Is my registration fee or ticket transferrable?
Your answer goes here